Embark on a brand new adventure with Shantae, the hair-whipping belly dancing genie! In order to save Sequin Land from an evil curse, Shantae must team up with her arch-nemesis, the nefarious pirate Risky Boots. By becoming a pirate, Shantae gains new weapons she can use to solve fiendish puzzles, battle fierce bosses… and maybe regain her Genie Magic along the way! This is one adventure you don’t want to miss!
SHANTAE AND THE PIRATE’S CURSE KEY FEATURES
- The third entry in the acclaimed Shantae series is her biggest adventure yet; sail the seas and discover cursed islands and labyrinths!
- Critically acclaimed, with an 82% Metacritic score for the Nintendo 3DS version
- Upgrade Shantae’s hair, weapons and moves! Master the Pirate Gear, Flintlock Pistol, Pirate Hat, Scimitar, Risky’s Boots, and even fly using a Cannon.
- Laugh out loud at the weird, wild and wonderfully humorous cast of characters.
- Unlockable Pirate Mode, discover multiple game endings for completionists and speed runners or check out an unforgettable soundtrack and incredible stereoscopic visuals.
- ***Bonus Content! Includes “Super Shantae Nab!!”, a new arcade-style game exclusive to this release!
WHAT CRITICS HAVE SAID
“Pirate’s Curse works in a way so positively different than the previous games that it may represent the pinnacle of the series.” Switch Brasil
“Whether or not you’re a platforming fan, and whether or not you’ve played any of the previous titles in this series, Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse is an exceptionally well-crafted game that should not be ignored.” Nintendo Life
“The gameplay is fun, varied and challenging, and will test the skills of even the most hardcore platforming fans.” Hardcore Gamer
“The best retro throwbacks rise above their influences to become something endearing of their own accord. Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse does just that, with quality and production values that rival many AAA releases. The franchise clearly has a lot of heart, and the developers at WayForward have established a bright world filled with fun and interesting characters.” Nintendojo