Things I don't want:
1) Not enough/too much time in the day. Some HM games have time go too fast for me to do everything I want to do, and some drag on for so long that you get bored and end up going to bed at 5 o'clock (I'm looking at you Animal Parade) a good balance would be nice.
2) Weird unlockable tool requirements, like going to some obscure characters house on friday in the middle of a storm in order to unlock the hammer.
3) Characters repeating the same thing over and over.
4) Insane fast growing weeds. Damn things keep popping up a day or so after I clear them!
5) Useless spouse/children. They should help out on the farm, or at least make you lunch like they do in Rune Factory/Sunshine Islands.
Things I want:
1) Rival weddings/children. I like matchmaking and having rival kids around, Animal Parade is one of my favourite games because of this.
2) More than one child, also the child looking more like your spouse instead of a mini version of you. AP did it! :P
3) Wedding outfits. I enjoy seeing characters all dressed up for their special day. It just seems lazy not to include them, like my character doesn't even care he/she is tying the knot.
4) More unique festivals! Like the bare handed fishing contest or the snow festival in Tale of Two Towns.
5) A customisable character, maybe being able to change your hair and eye colour, something like that. Include more outfits in that too!
AngelFox, your post about wanting more foxes made me laugh