Includes A3 poster (art on one side, move list on the reverse), reversible inlay, and disc containing 101 pieces of art!
The King of Fighters series brings to together warriors from SNK fighting games such as Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting, as well as heroes from other classic games like Psycho Soldier and Ikari Warriors, and adds an exciting story. The King of Fighters series is a dream festival of 2D fighting and has become a household name in the genre, with many games released in the arcades, on the NEOGEO and on home consoles.
In a genre dominated by 1 on 1 battles, the King of Fighters series pioneered a 3 on 3 fighting style, pitting teams of 3 players against each other, thus popularising the concept of Team Battles.
This series started in 1994 with The King of Fighters ‘94 and would eventually see the exciting Orochi Saga in KOF ‘95-'97, the NESTS Saga in KOF ‘99-2001 and the Ash Saga from KOR 2003 onward, introducing such iconic characters as Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami, which have earned a large fan following the world over.
The King of Fighters XIII features fighters from the entire history of the series and concludes the Ash Saga storyline.
Hugely improved features include global online play with optimised broadband and priority seeding. There are now over 30 characters to choose from and fan favourite Mai returns. Vast improvements have been made to gameplay with new NEO MAX super moves, faster gameplay and camera control.
This game is also available on Xbox 360.
More information about the series can be found on the SNK Wiki.
- Global online play - challenge anyone anywhere around the world. Online play optimised for broadband/fibre-optic high speed internet connections. Reduces the amount of time player have to wait for a match. Increases the speed of the overall game and reduces lag
- Featuring over 30 playable characters from the history of SNK's best selling games, including the return of fan favourites Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki
- Multiple special endings depending on specific characters or forming a specific team
- Unlockable customisation options to make your fighter unique - choose from over 20 colour types, parts and icons
- Overhaul of the fighting mechanics, built completely new from the ground up; new NEO MAX super moves, faster gameplay, better environmental lighting and camera control
- Ten game modes for the full KOF experience - choose from Arcade, Story, Versus, Mission, Online and more
- Includes A3 poster (art on one side, move list on the reverse), reversible sleeve, art disc; pre-orders will receive 4-CD official soundtrack (from participating retailers only)
Three DLC characters are also available from PSN and Xbox LIVE: Iori with the Power of Flames, NESTS-style Kyo, and Mr Karate.