The King of Fighters series is a dream festival of 2D fighting and has become a household name in the genre, with many games released in the arcades, on the NEOGEO and on home consoles. New features include global online play with optimised broadband and priority seeding. There are now over 30 characters to choose from and fan favourite Mai returns. Vast improvements have been made to gameplay with new NEO MAX super moves, faster combos and intuitive camera control.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII KEY FEATURES
- The final chapter in the Ash Saga storyline
- Huge developments in global online play, vastly improved from previous editions of KOF
- Play in matches to improve your ranking on the global leader boards, or in friendly matches against friends or other players online.
- 30+ playable characters, including the return of Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki
- Multiple endings depending on specific characters or forming specific teams
- Unlockable customisation options to make your fighter unique. Choose from over 20 colour types, parts and icons
- Overhaul of fighting mechanics: New NEO MAX super moves, faster gameplay and camera control
- 10 game modes: Arcade, Story, Versus, Mission, Online and much more
- Story mode features 2D slide scenes and impressive animated movies. Stories are branched by offering the player choices, leading to multiple ways to enjoy each narrative
WHAT CRITICS HAVE SAID
“The offline modes are plentiful and fun, while online is actually handled pretty well. It’s lean on bells and whistles but delivers a pretty smooth experience.” Game Over Online
“Raw and beautiful Versus Fighting, here it is! KoF XIII gives its pride back to the series. But it sacrifices some accessibility in favor of this new richness, even though it includes some tutorial modes that are well-crafted. But if you have time and motivation to spare in order to dive into it, this episode is a really good one, even though it still doesn’t come near a Blazblue or SFIV in terms of online play.” Gameblog.fr
“The King of Fighters XIII is an awesome fighting game. The fast paced fights granted by the deep combat system are both technical and entertaining, and the gorgeous graphics and sounds are the final touch for a perfect fighting experience.” Eurogamer Italy
“SNK has proven with King of Fighters XIII that it cares about the fans. Nearly every bit of negative feedback about the last game has been addressed here, resulting in distilled fan service in disc form. Devout King of Fighters fans left wanting last time won’t have much to complain about here. And while the tutorial and missions mode offers some guidance for casual players, I can’t recommend this over other superior fighters on the market.” Game Informer